As the Optique Inside Sales Quotation Lead, you will be responsible for servicing and delighting our manufacturer rep partners to drive sales of Optique’s innovative Nano Linear solutions. Our ideal candidate has excellent communication and organizational skills, experience in the C&I lighting industry and in particular lighting project business and is able to work as part of a collaborative team environment. You must be exceptionally self-motivated and have a “I’ll do what it takes to help make it happen” attitude and want to work cohesively with operations, product development, marketing, sales, and management to move the company forward and gain the time, attention, and ultimately the hearts of our manufacturer rep partners. When not on the phone or working on a specific project or other assignments, you will proactively handle other tasks without needing to be told to do so, inclusive of quotation follow-up and identifying potential projects to pursue using Construct Connect, Dodge, or similar project tracking software.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Quote any custom projects not able to be quoted using existing quotation tools and/or provide product application support as needed (does not require a technical degree)
- During the normal course of conversations with rep partners, check to see what the status is of previously quoted projects. Keep log of jobs won/lost.
- Review all incoming sales orders for correctness (model #’s, pricing, commission levels) and enter into Optique’s order management system
- Coordinate any submittal packages that are required
- Process all HFR sales order releases
- Provide initial lead time, scheduled shipping dates, update shipping information; send invoices as requested.
- Act as the point person for RMA’s/returns
- Maintain constant communication with the production teams to establish order priorities and communicate changes, provide delivery updates on an as-needed basis, and facilitate the scheduling of new work.
- Re-route shipments based on customer requests
- Keep an ear to the ground and continuously help to identify new product ideas and enhancements to current products and processes.
- Encourage agents to take photographs of installations and send them in to the marketing department.
- Handle sample cases and working sample requests.
- Enter, process, update, and monitor the status of relevant activities in Optique’s business and manufacturing tracking system (ERP)
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Able to work in a somewhat unstructured work environment where processes, policies, etc. are still being developed
- Has an outstanding work ethic
- Willing to do what it takes (within reason) to take care of a customer
- Proficient with Gmail and Google Suite
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Able to make a decision when one needs to be made
- Prior experience working for a manufacturer, manufacturer rep, or distributor in a similar role (inside sales/quotations for commercial lighting projects)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- SalesForce experience is not required but is a plus
- Ability to keep personal social and political views out of all business correspondence and communications