AmpChamp™ LED Tape Light & Wire Up/Down Connector - Alloy LED
The compact, capable, safe, and versatile AmpChamp™ LED tape light and wire connector provide secure connections between tape light and wire, or between pairs of wire leads. AmpChamp™ fits easily into many aluminum channels with diffusers.
AmpChamp Up/Down is a unique power feed solution that allows lead wires to be connected to the top or bottom of a tape light. This connector is specially made for back wire applications (like floating shelves) to replace dangling, unsightly wires with direct connections.
AmpChamp™ Up/Down solves many customer problems at once:
- Provides a clean, compact installation
- Keeps wires hidden within shelves, cabinets or walls
- Provides a secure connection and tight fit, solving the problem of slippage and connections that loosen over time
- Massive 8 Amp limit meets the need for a high amperage connector, enabling longer runs of tape light on a single connector
- Allow installers to bring their own wire (16-gauge or less) to the connector directly
- Simplifies inventory, with no need to stock different connector styles and lengths
This tape and wire connector is compatible with solid core, tinned, and stranded wire. Up/down connector includes a mini screwdriver and a pre-installed six-inch lead of CL2 in-wall rated wire with tinned leads at one end. Amp Champ™ comes in multiple sizes to fit Alloy LED’s most popular tape lights, and its compact form factor ensures that it fits easily into Alloy LED’s most popular aluminum channels and diffusers.
Note: Do not over-tighten, as the bottom of the connector may crack.
Note: Do not overtighten, as the bottom of the connector may crack.
Up/down Connector – AL-01-XX-9900-UD
- Voltage: 12-24V DC
- Dimensions (WxLxH): Please refer to specific specification sheet
- Maximum Current: 8A*
- Maximum Wire Gauge: 16 AWG
- Compatible Wire Types: Solid core, tinned, stranded**
*For Class 2 compliance, circuits are limited to 5A (12V) and 4A (24V).